How does the card work?
The Dunamente Card touristic advantage card system is operated by Duna-Gerecse Turisztikai Nonprofit Kft (Duna-Gerecse Touristic Non-profit plc). Guests arriving in the Danubeland touristic region can obtain the card free of charge if they spend at least two nights at any one of the places of accommodation that have joined the card system. If this precondition is not met, you can purchase the Dunamente 36h Card at the designated sales points. At the various participating businesses the cards will be identified by electronic readers so that the advantages and free services are available easily and simply.
How can I obtain the card?
If you reserve accommodation at any one of the businesses that have joined the card system, upon arrival at the place of accommodation you may choose one of the following options:
- If you spend a minimum of two nights, you will get your Dunamente Card immediately and free of charge. In this case you will only be required to give the data necessary for activating the card. Data management will be done in accordance with the governing law.
- If you spend one night, you can purchase the Dunamente 36h Card for only 1,500 HUF. In this case no data are required for the card to be activated.
For information on the places of accommodation that have joined the system, select the ACCOMODATIONS menu item.
If you come to the Danubeland touristic region as a hiker and do not intend to stay overnight, the Dunamente 36h Card is also available for you either pre-purchased or bought at the designated sales points. For more information on these sales points, select the 36h CARD menu item.
How can I benefit by the use of the card?
The Dunamente Card touristic advantage card system includes more than 15 various free services; furthermore, over 100 additional services are available at a 5 to 65 per cent reduced rate. For information on the participating businesses, select the ADVANTAGES menu item.
How do I get the advantages and the free services?
All you have to do is take with you the card obtained at the place of accommodation and touch it to the reading devices at the locations where it is accepted. By this procedure they will check the validity of the card, the number of persons entitled to use it, and whether you have already used the reduced-rate or free service available at the given location on one occasion.
How many persons are entitled to use the card?
- If you spend a minimum of two nights, the reception at the place of accommodation can register several persons travelling together on the Dunamente Card given to you free of charge. For example, one family will get one card, on which both the adults and the children will be activated separately. Advantages are available at the participating businesses for as many persons as have been registered on the card by the place of accommodation.
- If you spend one or zero night, no data will be recorded on the Dunamente 36h Card purchased by you. Thus one card will only be valid for one person; that is, the services of the locations that accept the card will be available for one person only.
How long is my card valid?
- If you spend a minimum of two nights, the Dunamente Card given to you free of charge is valid throughout the full length of your stay in the area, from 14:00 hours on the day of checking-in at the place of accommodation till 24:00 hours on the day of departure.
- If you spend one or zero night, the Dunamente 36h Card purchased by you will be activated when used for the first time after being purchased, and is valid for 36 hours.
Can I take my card home?
- If you spend a minimum of two nights, will you please hand over the Dunamente Card given to you free of charge to the reception at the time of your departure from the place of accommodation or at the location where the card is accepted in order that, with the protection of the environment kept in view, it can be activated again upon the arrival of the next guest at the place of accommodation.
- If you spend one or zero night, the Dunamente 36h Card purchased by you will not have to be given back at your place of accommodation or at the participating business that you visited last; you can take it home with yourself.
Are my data safe?
Yes, the data given at the place of accommodation cannot be used either by the place of accommodation, or by Duna-Gerecse Turisztikai Nonprofit Kft., or by any unauthorized third party on any purpose apart from those aimed at the smooth provision of services related to the operation of the Dunamente Card. If you wish to read about this in detail, select the DATA PROTECTION menu item.